Follow these steps to reset your Blossom to factory defaults:
- For the Blossom 12: separate the controller from the mounting bracket. Do not unplug the controller. For the Blossom 7/8: take off the faceplate. Again, do not unplug the controller.
- There is a small hole for the reset pin. On the Blossom 12 this hole is in on the back of the controller, center-right. On the Blossom 7/8 this hole is on the bottom next to the power plug. Using a paperclip bent out or a similar object, firmly press the button inside for 15 seconds. The Blossom Controller will then go through a sequence of lights starting with purple and eventually ending with a solid green.
- Troubleshooting: If it does not end in a green light, then unplug your Blossom for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. If it restarts and is still not green then repeat step 2.
Then follow these steps to connect your Blossom (new or newly reset) to your home Wi-Fi network:
- Once the unit is glowing green, open the Blossom App on your phone, click on the "Settings" gear then "Reconnect Controller."
- Before proceeding further in the app, switch to your phone's Wi-Fi control panel and find the Blossom Controller's own Wi-Fi network. It will be called Blossom-XXXX (where XXXX are four random digits/letters that correspond with the last four digits of your Blossom's Wi-Fi MAC address). Connect to this network using the password "12flowers" (not including the quotation marks).
- Once joined, go back to your Blossom App. Select the "Connect over Wi-Fi" option and follow the onscreen instructions to select and connect your Blossom Controller to your Wi-Fi network. Once you have provided the Blossom Controller with your Wi-Fi credentials it will begin flashing green. Once it has successfully connected and contacted our servers, it will start pulsating green and the app will send you back to the Pairing Code screen.
- Return your mobile device back to your normal network connection.
- Enter or confirm the Pairing Code found on the back of your Blossom Controller. A copy is also in your Quick Start Guide. After you enter the code, the Blossom Controller's LED should change to a solid blue.
- Replace the Blossom Controller onto the mounting bracket.
Use this same process if
- you just moved and took your Blossom with you, and you have a new network name and password at your new place.
- you have just moved into a house that came with a Blossom controller and want to connect to it for the first time. Instead of reconnecting your Blossom, you will make a Blossom account and connect for the first time after resetting your Blossom.
- you have a new Internet service provider (ISP) or a new router.
A note if you are moving:
If you are moving out of your house and want to leave your Blossom, then there is nothing you need to do. You may first turn off notifications and then delete your Blossom app if you will not be using a new Blossom at your new home.